If you need to explain somebody about marketing, try following short definitions.
- You see a gorgeous girl in a party, you go to her and say “I’m rich, marry me.”. It’s Direct Marketing.
- You attend a party and your friend goes to a girl, then request you to tell me that he is very rich, marry him. It’s Advertising.
- You’re rich and majority of people at the party know about that. It’s Brand.
- Girl walks to you and say, “I know you are rich, marry me”. It’s Brand Recognition.
- You say “I am very rich, marry me” to a girl, and she slaps you on the face. It’s Customer Feedback.
- You say to a girl, “I am very rich, marry me”, and she introduces you to her husband. That is Demand and Supply Gap.
- You get close to a girl at the party and are about to say “I’m rich, marry me”, and your wife arrives. That is Restriction from Entering New Market.
- You invite people to join your party online to find a girl to marry. It’s Online Marketing, also called Online Advertising.
- You post videos, photos and statuses on social networks about “I’m rich, marry me” to girls. It’s Social Media Marketing.
- You post videos, photos and statuses to promote your fiend “He is rich, marry him” on social network. It’s Influencer Marketing.
- You send mails to girls and tell them “I’m rich, marry me”. It’s Email Marketing.
- You write articles or blog posts about “I’m rich, marry me”. It’s Content Marketing.
- You have a website that is about “I’m rich, marry me”. It’s Landing Page.
- You have a button on Landing Page, “I’m rich, marry me. Click to apply”. It’s Call-To-Action Button.
- There are 100 girls visiting your landing page, but only 20 girls actually click on CTA Button. Your Conversion Rate is 20%.
- You try to optimize your website “I’m rich, marry me” to top results when girls use search engines. It’s Search Engine Optimization, or SEO.
- You send SMS to girls and tell them “I’m rich, marry me”. It’s SMS Marketing.
- You create and share a video about “I’m rich, marry me”. It’s Video Marketing.
Hope these marketing explanation makes senses to your friends.
Marketing is fun 😀